Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Portfolio of the Vice President in the Committee

The portfolio of the Vice President is not definite and not set in stone. However, the main job that the Vice President must always bear in mind is to support the President and to help the President whenever and wherever possible. The Vice President should also help the other committee members, such as helping in logistics for the sessions and sometimes helping the Social Activities Coordinator with organization of events such as Sports Day.

Helping in logistics for the sessions involves getting in touch with the Sessions Coordinator or the Social Justice Coordinator (depending on who is in-charge of the session for the particular week), checking with them the list of stuff needed for the coming session and helping to ensure the required items are at the specified venue by 6.30pm every Friday.

My experience of serving in the committee for the past year is definitely something I will cherish for a long, long time to come. The friendships built were something I did not expect the day I was given the chance to serve in COSDU and I can only thank God and COSDU for giving me this opportunity.

If any of you are apprehensive about running for the role of Vice President, just remember that God is in-charge and to let Him lead. Please do not hesitate to ask me if you have any questions and I will endeavor to answer them as best as I can. Do think about running for this post and God bless.

Bryant

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *