Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Portfolio of the Treasurer in the Committee

So, what does a treasurer do? Basically, I collect membership fees, apply for UMSU grants, record the inflow and outflow of cash (i.e. book keeping), provide funds for activities/events, ensure that COSDU's funds are healthy and most importantly, providing support for the rest of the committee.

I've got to admit that I was a little concerned about taking up this position because after all, I was dealing with money! But really, it wasn't all that bad! In fact, it has been a wonderful learning experience, especially since I'd be dealing with money a lot when I start working! You don't necessarily need to be a commerce student to be a treasurer, because firstly, it isn't all that difficult, and secondly, I'd be around to guide you if you ever need help. Lastly, being a treasurer will look good on your resume too! And you get to count money, all the time!

I really am thankful for having the opportunity to be part of a committee because of all the incredible experiences I've had. Being treasurer brought me closer to COSDU and it allowed me to be more involved. COSDU is an important part of my undergraduate life, especially with all the Friday Nights, Easter Camps, friendships and fun times. I can't imagine how my whole Melbourne experience would have been like without COSDU! I'm glad that I've had the chance to serve as treasurer. It really is a great way to end my undergraduate life.

Even if it did take up some of my time and even if I had to make sacrifices along the way and even if it got a little stressful sometimes, it was all worth it in the end!

Maria

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *