Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Liturgical Coordinator: Nicole Torres

                                        


Hey, everyone! My name is Nicole and I serve as the Liturgical Coordinator for COSDU!

My role as the Liturgical Coordinator of COSDU is one that closely deals with the heart of our Catholicism, because it deals with the Holy Eucharist, or the Mass. As the Liturgical Coordinator, my roles includes:

  • organising COSDU Masses
    • booking for a venue
    • getting a priest to celebrate the mass
    • setting up for mass
    • organising the Liturgical music for mass
    • making sure the Mass is pastoring the members
  • even working alongside the Sessions Coordinator for some sessions

So it really is all about Liturgy!

I know it might seem like there's a lot or it might seem complicated, but I started this role not knowing much about how the mass goes at all and all that and somehow it's already nearing the end of my term as Liturgical Coordinator and I'm proud to say I've made it. Hahaha :P 

It's been such a challenging ride but I know everything I did was for God and that was all that mattered. Not to mention I served with such a beautiful, amazing bunch of people that helped me with all the things I lacked on.They made everything so much fun and full of new things to learn (pangsai!).

If you're being called to serve in COSDU but don't know what role to run for, don't shy away from this role. You truly work closely with the physical Jesus (the bread and wine) and that's one of the greatest thing ever! It's not hard to get the hang of and I will be there always for whoever steps up to this role after me if they have any question or need any help at all. So make sure you pray about it and let the Lord lead you. :)

God bless and see you all at AGM! 

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *