Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Portfolio of the Social Activities Coordinator in the Committee

My Role, My Blessing

When I decided to run for the position of Social Activities Coordinator last year, I knew that it was always going to challenge me to step out of my comfort zone. In the past year, I have been blessed with this role in COSDU and it’s an experience I will carry with me for a long time to come. It’s not always just fun and games.

With the responsibility of keeping a spirit of togetherness and inclusiveness, there is always the pressure to ensure a sense of secularity and relaxation beyond the serious spiritual aspects during sessions. What I did not realize when I ran for this position was the amount of time I had to commit in organizing social activities beyond the Friday sessions; Scavenger Hunt, Night Market and Sports Day just to name a few. However, I was blessed with people who offered their services so selflessly in making it all possible.

I am thankful today that being Social Activities Coordinator has showed me the true value of the support system COSDU offers in being “a home away from home”. Sure, there were ups and downs along the way, but at the end of the day as I look back at the year I’ve had, I know that I wouldn’t trade the experience for anything else.

The fellowships, house parties, serious conversations, and laughter; they all form pieces of the puzzle that makes COSDU and I am thankful to be part of it.

Jonathan

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *