Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kershia - Secretary


Hello people!!

I know I’ve not been that AWESOME in promoting my job as a secretary and I somehow made it sound horrible but trust me, it ain’t that horrible at all =) No doubt there’s paperwork to do but there’re lots of other cool stuff that you could acquire through this post i.e. establishing connections, improving soft skills, developing organizational skills, meeting and knowing new members and the list goes on and on.

There are quite a few things to handle but when you’ve gotten the hang of it, it’ll be easy for you. Don’t worry too much about and if you need any help, I’m always here for you guys.


Just a rough idea on what you’ll need to do as COSDU’s secretary:
  1. Paperwork i.e. filling in forms, meeting minutes, compilation of new membership list and mailing list
  2. Attend UMSU & MUOSS meetings on behalf of COSDU
  3. Making announcements at the end of the sessions and updating the “Announcement” page on the blog
  4. Sending Christmas cards at the end of the year
Daunting as it may look or sound but after the first time, all these will just naturally come and I’m SUPER DUPER sure you’ll be just fine! And a little secret and Florence has said it, secretaries do secretly rule the world.


Throughout this one whole year, I’ve enjoyed immensely working in the committee. Not only have I made an extra 10 wonderful, awesome friends but it also drew me close to our Lord. In the committee, we always support one another, guiding one another and growing stronger in Christ together. I would dare say, if it weren’t for COSDU, I will not be as close to the church as I am right now. For that, I thank God for bringing me to COSDU and I thank the committee for helping me grow deeper in my faith.


One important lesson that I’ve acquired through my service in the committee is the ability to juggle my studies and my commitments to COSDU. It has always been my priority that if one volunteers to be involved in a society or organization, it is exceptionally crucial for he/she to stand by it till the end no matter how hard it gets. Some may find it difficult and tiring, some may just cruise through the year easily. I’m not going to lie and say that it was easy for me but all I needed to do was toughen up and turn to our Lord for rest and strength. With our Lord’s guidance and blessing, it really helped me pull through and the outcome – I got one of the best life experiences. At the end of the day, all that hard work pays off and that satisfaction feeling you get is just indescribable.


Think about it and pray about. That’s what I did and our Lord guided and gave me the answer. I’m sure that the Lord will lead you in making the right decisions.

God bless you all!

Love,

Kershia Kathleen



AGM is happening on 13 May 2011

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *