Monday, April 28, 2008

Liturgy Coordinator Portfolio 2007-2008



The duty of Liturgy Coordinator is to prepare Mass. This includes:
- Get a priest
- Get readings for Mass
- Get readers and volunteers
- Set up the altar for Mass
- Assist Father during Mass

Being the Liturgy Coordinator was not as easy as I thought. At the beginning, I did not have any contact with priests and I did not know who to invite. Fortunately, with the help of the previous Liturgy Coordinator and President, Ramesh, and previous chaplain, Sr. Theresa, I was able to obtain a list of contact details of priests.

Before I became the Liturgy Coordinator, I thought it would be easy to get a priest as priests are usually nice and always willing to help when people ask for help. It is true that priests are nice and all the priests that I have contacted with are most willing to celebrate Mass with us. However, sometimes priests are busy too. They may not be available to celebrate Mass with us on the day we want. So I actually need to look for priest. I will advise my successor to allow sufficient time for him/herself to get a priest.

I also thought that COSDU members were more willing to be readers for Mass. Later I found out that not everyone wanted to be reader nor they would like to sing in front of other people. This made it harder to find different readers for every Mass. Again, I would advise my successor to prepare for Mass earlier.

Preparing for Mass is not a problem if I do it earlier. I feel lucky and glad that there are usually more people come to Mass than I expect. I do not need to worry about lack of participants at Mass. However, I may worry about insufficient booklets. Even though I have made a lot of mistakes as a Liturgy Coordinator, I have tried my best. Thank you for everyone who has helped me and I have learnt a lot since I had no experience as an altar boy until I became Liturgy Coordinator.

All the best to the next committee, especially the next Liturgy Coordinator, and I hope to see more different priests celebrating Mass with COSDU in the future.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *