Monday, May 03, 2010

Treasurer: Yanuar Kurniawan



I knew about COSDU one and a half years ago when I started my study in the University of Melbourne. I was the President in a Catholic Student Organisation in Indonesia. As a result, I look for a Catholic group since I know that it is a good community to develop both friendship and my spiritual life. I attended a few first sessions of COSDU and I enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately, for a first few months, I was not able to attend COSDU sessions regularly since I had another obligation on weekends. However, I tried to join whenever COSDU has any special events such as Night Market, Scavenger Hunt, going to Little Sisters of the Poor, and volunteering in Home of Mercy. Thanks to COSDU, I was able to experience volunteering for homeless people and chatting with people in nursing homes where I can find God in their presence.

Last year, when COSDU had its Annual General Meeting, I kept thinking if I should join the COSDU committee or not. I prayed to God that He might give me the best way whatever the decision was. I kept my thoughts without telling everyone that I would run in AGM. God showed me what to choose in AGM, he gave me the strength to accept the nomination and I got the position as COSDU's Treasurer. I believed becoming COSDU's Treasurer was not only for my personal development but also for serving God by serving other people in COSDU.

For one year in the COSDU committee, I experienced lots of wonderful things and I could feel God's presence everytime we have sessions and events. I learn a lot of new things about organisation in University of Melbourne, how we should satisfy certain regulations, meet some requirements, come to committee meeting, etc. I am really thankful to God because of the happiness that I can have in the committee retreat that I can know each other better. I am very glad that God gives me the chance to work together with amazing people in the committee. Of course, not everything goes smoothly. There are problems in the road of life and there is no exception in the committee that problem sometimes is present. However, God is always there to share our burden and help us to overcome the problems. Finally, this is my final semester and I am planning to go back to Indonesia to finish my thesis there. If everything goes as planned, hopefully I can come back here in Melbourne next year and see new members of the COSDU committee. =)

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *