Sunday, August 21, 2011

Second Session with Sister Olga Yaqob

As we witness Sister Olga Yaqob, a female Nun from Iraq (actually the first female to become a Nun in Iraq), we see someone who truly left everything she had just to be beside her true love, Jesus (and His Mother, Marry).
Without going into too much details, she was forced to go to London to meet her arranged husband where she refused and lead her father to disown her. As a result she lost her family, friends, neighbors, everything she owned back home and was even left homeless for 5 years! This authentic woman of faith has truly inspired and opened eyes to all of us. And although she achieved her dream of finally becoming a Nun, she still has hardships of not being able to see her brother's or sister's nephews.
So I encourage you to share anything that was interesting during your discussions on Friday and if you guys want to express your ideas/comments please feel free!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

hey guys, first comment! haha
it suprized me how she was homeless for 5 years! I mean when I see homeless people on the street, I would never imagine that they will one day change the world like Sister Olga.

Matthew Ryan Heng said...

Sr Olga was amazing! I expected an old boring nun (NOT stereotyping..haha), but she was filled with zeal and such great passion. Really admirable. Those who have missed that day, should really watch that video!

I love the part where she mentioned, "I waited so long to wear this habit."

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *