Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Publicity Coordinator: Jehrome

I took the role of publicity because I thought I was a PR (public relations) guy back then and people actually thought of me that way. 
And I guess that's what the role really is about, reaching out to people and being that person that grips everyone together. 
It was the passion to spread love and hopefulness that got me into saying the precious "Yes, Lord". COSDU has been a wonderful keystone for my journey that it had filled a hole that is constantly searching. To manage the role, dealing with people is the main foundation (does it always have to be about people, Jehrome?) 
YES. What the people like in their newsfeed, what is visually attracting to them, what words do they colloquially use, people, people, people, disciples. You just have to know, if you dont..psshh you know, you Gen Y, you. There is always gonna be the anxiety and the force to reach out to people (shout out to my shytype girls and boys). 
And of course the anxiety of am I doing enough? A COSDU committee is an understanding and a "no worries" committee. Well, for me anyways. 
But it is a welcoming and an accepting space. I wouldnt have lasted a semester of serving without my 2015 sem2 committee. All it takes is the willingness to say Jesus is Love during O-WEEK. that itself is the edge of this responsibility, but the willingness is enough! That, or you just scream "FREE FOOD!!!" and quickly snatch a COSDU goodies bag, smile and give it to this person half-contemplating to walk away and half-contemplating slowing down their pace waiting for you to give the bag of goodies to them. 
Have fun, have a ball, you're gonna be just fine, you God-blessed soul! smile emoticon

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *