Friday, May 13, 2016

MUSIC COORDINATOR: JOHN OCAMPO

Hi everyone!

I’m John and currently the outgoing Music Coordinator for COSDU. I have been blessed with an opportunity to be able to partake this role and be able to use my passion in music as a form of service to glorify our Lord. I was elected last year through our Annual General Meeting (AGM), whilst not physically being present during the said event (so for those who wants to run, but can’t make it to the meeting, it is possible to do so). I expressed my desire to contribute as the Music Coordinator through a letter that was read in my behalf during the meeting. That desire is to be able to make God’s presence more and more perceivable through Worship and mass songs. Based on a personal experience, I would profess to have been able to be in the presence of the Lord, and this profound occurrence is something that I want other people to experience as well, as many times as possible. As for the specific role, worship is probably one of the most important thing that a Music Coordinator should be concentrating about, but there are also other things that role is entrusted with like:

  • Awareness for musically inclined brothers and sisters
  • Discernment for worship leaders
  • Helping out and working with the Liturgical Coordinator regarding mass songs
  • Safekeeping and accounting musical assets
  • Assessment of what COSDU needs in terms of musical equipment
  • Production of worship lyrics slides

*A misconception on what skill a Music Coordinator should have is assuming that he or she needs to be musically inclined. This is not a requirement to be able to be one, and a person can successfully fulfill the said role whether or not he or she is musically inclined.

As for the whole experience as a whole, being a Music Coordinator is a really fulfilling role. Not only you get to be inspired to be able to work with such talented people, but also witness that God is working in each and every one of us, through our talents, through our efforts and just through the time that we offer up to him to Glorify his name. It helped me grow closer to Christ through the people I work with, seeing small images of Him through them. And hey, it’s music, good music is always enjoyable.For those who are interested, I urge you to open your hearts for the calling, remember the times when you listen to a song or be part of a worship, and you heard this one line from the song that made you fall in love deeper with Christ, don’t you want to experience that again? And don’t you want to help God to bring that experience to everyone else?

For me, that line was:

“You came from heaven to earth, to show the way. From the earth to the cross, My debt to pay”

- Lord I Lift Your Name on High, by MercyMe


Will be praying for your discernment,
John

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *