Friday, May 15, 2015

Sessions Coordinator - Fernando Jativa



Hey all! 
My name is Fernando Jativa and I am the session coordinator! I’ve been living on Melbourne for less than 2 years, but I was blessed enough to find COSDU almost straight away. 
 If I were to describe COSDU in a single word, I would say: FAMILY! And as you can see it is a big one as it has been around for more than 25 years! The COSDUAN’s past and present are still part of this big family! Once a COSDUAN, always a COSDUAN. Now you can find COSDUAN’s everywhere! 
What got me into the committee was not only a decision to help, but also to acknowledge that my God-given abilities will be used fruitfully in this role.  
I like meeting new people, I like to learn, I like to teach, and I like planning. I was very excited to be a part of the committee that will lead COSDU in their spiritual journey.
 As you all know, being in the committee is also a big responsibility! This is not something to be scared about, because it has been a beautiful responsibility to carry. It has never been a burden because as in the Scriptures, if we accept our daily crosses, the “yoke will be easy and the burden light”. 
My main role as the session coordinator is to invite different speakers every week. At the beginning, I thought this was going to be difficult, but I discovered that there are so many people around the diocese who is willing to help and share their knowledge about the faith and other relevant topics. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you”. 
As a session coordinator and a committee member, you will have the opportunity to choose what are the most relevant topics that the COSDUAN’s need for their spiritual growth. It is not just a matter of being knowledgeable about the faith, but more importantly bringing it to your prayers and entrusting everything to the Holy Spirit. Rest assured that He will always give you a hand on this journey. I can definitely say that Jesus has been with me all the way in this challenging but rewarding duty. 
Last but not the least, as a committee member you will walk a journey that will change your life! You don’t need to be perfect to be in the committee! The first time I came to COSDU I can say that I know about God, but I was not sure if I actually KNOW him and if He knows me. But with His amazing Love and with this family to multiply that Love, I came to slowly know Him and to Love Him. During last year’s AGM I felt closer, but definitely not ready! God does not want us to be PERFECT and READY. He just wants our YES. Like Mary. Like the apostles. Like the saints. The grace and gifts that He has given me back are immeasurable! (Even the amazing girl there, who I invited to give a talk). 
So take this opportunity! Listen to the divine call God and let him change your life! And change the lives of the people around you!

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *