Monday, May 12, 2014

Secretary: Jeanne Chiew





Thank you for answering the call to consider running for the role of Secretary. Your open heart is truly a blessing. In this portfolio, I will do my best to share with you what is expected of you for this position as well as share my experiences in this position.

Due to the mainly administrative responsibilities, the position of Secretary is well suited for those who are well-organized and has a critical mind. In addition, to run for this position or any position for that matter, one must have the heart to serve the COSDU community.


To summarise the Constitution, the responsibilities of a Secretary fall in the categories:

  • COSDU: Committee Meeting Minutes, Weekly Announcements (including blog updates in this regard) and any other administrative areas (wherever needed. examples include event reminders, grant related issues, etc)
  • UMSU: liaise with UMSU and MUOSS, attend UMSU training (AGM, Grant, etc), maintenance of Membership List, Constitution and ensure adherence with C&S rules and regulations
  • Special: Oversee AGM planning (especially documents)


In my term as COSDU's Secretary, besides being able to contribute to the community that helped me grow in fellowship and faith, I discovered that I have come to know myself a bit better in terms of the skills and abilities that I have. Also, I have enjoyed working with a group of diverse personalities and talents who have never failed to impress me on what they can do, individually, and together as a team.

For those who are having doubts about your ability to take on this role, let me tell you this: I wasn't sure myself whether I could do it. But without trying new things, one can never learn and grow or discover more of yourself that you never knew before. I know for sure that God has blessed each and every one of you with beautiful and unique gifts which are waiting for you to unwrap. So, have a go at this and see for yourself.

I do not wish to bore you further with details, so, if you have any questions about this position, please feel free to approach me about it. I am ready to help you better understand the role or even about the whole committee.

God Bless,

Jeanne

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *