Thursday, April 25, 2013

Vice President - Reina!


Hello there :)

I think I'm supposed to write about COSDU Vice President role here so here I go..

The title of 'vice president' might makes you feel that it is one of the big role in the committee and have many  responsibilities (as the proverb said, with great power comes
great responsibility), but to tell you the truth, it is not the case in COSDU committee because COSDU is special!

As a COSDU VP, you only have two main jobs; One and foremost is to assist the president and supporting the other committee members. Second is to keep track of COSDU assets list (it basically just keeping a record of the assets that cosdu already have and the assets that COSDU buy/sell throughout the year). As you might already have notice, VP job is more vague, which is different from the other committee position role that have a very clear description of their role. You can decide for yourself how much you want to support/help
the other committee members or how much you want to get involve. It is very simple that
all you need is just the willingness to take up the first step to run as a VP (you really don't
need to have prior experience of being in a committee to take that first step).

On agm last year, I wasn't sure whether I should run for position in the committee. I had
a few things going on and I didn’t know whether I can still fit COSDU in. It was very last
minute, but eventually I decided to give it a go. One year later, here I am writing this page
up for you as the current COSDU VP. There's not even a single second to which I regret my
decision to run for committee position. In fact, there are many times that I feel grateful
for being involve in COSDU committee. Serving as COSDU VP has been incredible! It has
deepened my faith in God and helps me improve myself in many ways. And as if it’s still not
enough, I've also been given a bonus to know 9 awesome people closely!

I hope this page gives you a bit of picture on COSDU vice president role. Feel free to have a
chat with me, if there is anything else that you want to know about vice president position.
I believe that as long you put your heart in doing it (and of course) have faith in God that He
will help you along the way, you'll be fine with whichever committee position you will be
taking (always remember that if God put you to it, He will get you through it!) :)

Thank you for reading this and all the best! :)

♥ Reina W

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *