Thursday, April 14, 2016

Secretary: Maria Carmelia Galapon




Hey! I'm Maria and I'm currently serving as COSDU's secretary.

To start off, let me explain why (how) I became the secretary:

Right before I left the Philippines to study in Australia, I was part of a youth group at my Parish. I was there for roughly 3 months, which if you think about it isn't that long. Having to leave a group I was just starting to feel welcomed at, I felt this need to look for another youth group here. It took me around 7 months, but hey, I found it - COSDU. Right at the moment I saw COSDU's name on UMSU's clubs list, I knew it was the one.

So anyway, months before the Annual General Meeting, I sort of already knew that I was going to be Secretary. During the first session I attended, we had a Special General Meeting where we had to elect a new Secretary. Right then and there, I knew I wanted to be part of the committee. To be fully honest, I was actually thinking about running as the Publicity Coordinator. God, however, gave me signs to think otherwise. 

I guess my point is: if you really try to seek it, if you wholly trust and put your faith in God, He will make it happen. He knows what you want, He knows what you need, and He will help you get it. He will not call you if He knows you are not ready. He will give you signs. Do not be afraid to open your heart and to acknowledge them for you are being called for a reason. As for my case, He knew I wanted to serve. He called me and I answered. As the saying goes, "He doesn't call the worthy, He makes the worthy called".

With regards to the job description, being Secretary isn't as difficult as it seems. 
1) Create and collate presentation slides for the weekly sessions.
2) Manage COSDU's email account
3) Be in charge of the membership list and the constitution
4) Submit documents regarding grants, events, and affiliation


Now, will you be brave enough to answer His call?

No comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *